i got tagged, quite a while ago, by matt smith on a meme to list 6 random things about myself. i’ll play along. so, here goes:
1. my middle name is eric. my last name, “oestreicher”, means “austrian” in german.
2. i crave chips (particularly ruffles) and french onion dip. two food items i just don’t like, but really wish i did, are rye bread and bleu cheese.
3. i have lived in 11 cities, and 16 homes.
4. i have had, i think, 30 different jobs, starting with planting seedlings in a plant nursery when i was in 3rd grade. i was a draftsman for years, at four different companies. i worked in two restaurants (chinese and pizza). i had three paper delivery routes. i was an editor of a young teen sunday school take home paper. i worked in factories and cleaned offices. and, of course, i was a junior high pastor.
5. i was a drummer in junior high band, and one of the other drummers went on to play in the metal band, megadeth. in high school, i was totally into choir: i was in two choirs (was the president of my church youth choir, and the business manager of my school’s top choir), three or four select ensembles, and a male quartet, and took private voice lessons.
6. i have webbed toes: my second and third toes on both feet are partially attached; the left foot more than the right one.
there you have it!
first, i tag everyone! give me your six random things in a comment, or post them and link back here (so i can come check ’em out).