man, i haven’t been tagged in a meme in a very, very long time. these days, when i’m ‘tagged’, it usually mean someone has added my name to a photo or post on facebook. but remember the good ol’ days of blogging (like, 4 years ago), when someone would start or pass along a meme and call out other bloggers to follow suit?
i always like the music ones. so, when my buddy dave palmer ‘tagged’ me on facebook yesterday with a music listening meme, i was all in.
the instructions were simply:
1) Turn on your MP3 player or music player on your computer.
2) Go to SHUFFLE songs mode.
3) Write down the first 15 songs that come up–song title and artist–NO editing/cheating, please.
i appreciated that the instructions added that polite little “please” after the strong reminder not to cheat.
well, considering the 69.79 gigs of music in my itunes, i could just have easily looked like a ninny. but the first 15 tunes in my itunes dj shuffle thingy are a pretty nice little playlist, if i do say so myself:
1. beach in hawaii — ziggy marley
2. life in tenement square — flogging molly
3. fat lip — rocket from the crypt
4. song with rose — elvis costello & the attractions
5. $160 million chinese man — david holmes (from the ocean’s 11 sountrack)
6. samba de sausalito — santana
7. bedlam reprise — squirrel nut zippers
8. someday soon — ben taylor
9. feelin’ again — john hiatt
10. serious — michael knott
11. birmingham shadows — bruce cockburn
12. root down reprise — dj bc and the beastles
13. virgie — johnny cash
14. easy/lucky/free — bright eyes
15. viva la vida — coldplay
so… add yours in a comment. and, NO cheating… please. if beiber shows up on the list because you bought a song to play during a talk as a joke, you’ve gotta leave it there.