i’ve had this meme from time traveling cyndi in my post drafts for well more than a year. crazy. so, i’m gonna do it! yes, i am! now!
1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that’s playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don’t lie and try to pretend you’re cool!
Opening Credits: dignity — bob dylan
Waking Up: take time — lenny kravitz
First Day At School: buena vista social club — buena vista social club
Falling In Love: bodysnatchers — radiohead
Fight Song: strangers — the kinks
Breaking Up: radiate — andy hunter
Prom: try — nelly furtado
Life: stormy weather — the pixies
Mental Breakdown: ancestors — bjork
Driving: almost over — elliot smith
Flashback: santa maria — gotan project
Getting Back Together: yellow taxi — the best of asia lounge
Wedding: daydreamer — donovan frankenreiter
Birth of Child: butterfly effect — steve scott
Final Battle: the tale of dusty and pistol pete — smashing pumpkins
Death Scene: invention — claude bolling (concerto for classic guitar and jazz piano)
Funeral Song: surfing with the alien — joe satriani
Remembrance Song: the silhouette of doom — ennio morricone (kill bill 2)
End Credits: cure for the itch — linkin park
if you read this whole thing, or if you knew at least three of the songs i listed, or if you’re just intrigued, consider yourself “tagged”!
9 thoughts on “fun music meme”
Opening Credits: Lord, I’ve Been Changed – Tom Waits
Waking Up: Wild World – Cat Stevens
First Day At School: Boring Machines Disturbs Sleep – Mogwai
Falling In Love: Wah-Wah – George Harrison
Fight Song: You Win Again – Johnny Cash
Breaking Up: Tangled Up In Blue – Bob Dylan
Prom: The Song Is You – Charlie Parker
Life: Whipping Boy – Ben Harper
Mental Breakdown: Rejoice – Chris Tomlin
Driving: Whether or Not – Waterdeep
Flashback: It’s Christmas, Let’s be Glad! – Sufjan Stevens
Getting Back Together: To All the Girls – Beastie Boys
Wedding: Intergalactic – Beastie Boys
Birth of Child: All Creatures of Our God and King – David Crowder Band
Final Battle: Ray Dawn Balloon – Trey Anastasio
Death Scene: Death Announcements and Funerals – Hilmar Orn Hilmarsson and Sigur Ros (this one freaked me out a little bit)
Funeral Song: Castles Made of Sand – Jimi Hendrix
Remembrance Song: Pretty Woman – Roy Orbison (Ha!)
End Credits: Freight Train Blues – Bob Dylan
I just did mine. It’ll publish Saturday morning.
It’s unbelievably funny with some of the songs that popped up!
Here’s my favorite:
Death Scene: I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For — U2
I’m an old guy, so don’t laugh at my musical taste, but some of these turned out pretty good…
Opening Credits: All In/Mr. Talkbox Interlude — Toby Mac
Waking Up: Hold Me Tight – Evan Rachel Wood (Across the Universe soundtrack)
First Day At School: Blackbird/Yesterday — The Beatles (Love soundtrack)
Falling In Love: Higher — Russ Taff
Fight Song: The Fury — Kerry Livgren
Breaking Up: Here Comes the Sun — The Beatles
Prom: Spanish Dancer — Steve Winwood
Life: West Virginia Fantasies — California Transit Authority
Mental Breakdown: Sovereign Hands — Hillsong
Driving: Cedars of Lebanon — U2
Flashback: Red Rain — Peter Gabriel
Getting Back Together: 25 or 6 to 4 — California Transit Authority (note: band name not a typo)
Wedding: I Have to Believe — Rita Springer
Birth of Child: When the Baby Grew Up — Rob Mathes (perfect!)
Final Battle: Vertigo — U2
Death Scene: Blank — Dave Matthews Band
Funeral Song: I Rest in You — Scott Brenner (perfect!)
Remembrance Song: Trying to Pull Myself Away — Glen Hansard (Once soundtrack)
End Credits: Glorious — Chris Tomlin
Opening Credits: You Send Me, Aretha Franklin
Waking Up: Light My Fire, Hans Zimmer (The Holiday soundtrack)
First Day at School: That Lucky Old Sun, Frankie Laine
Falling in Love: Skylark, Anita O’Day
Fight Song: Enough, Chris Tomlin
Breaking Up: Take It All Back, Erin Toland
Prom: Something Cool, June Christy
Life: The Wizard and I, Carole Shelly and Idina Menzel (from Wicked)
Mental Breakdown: Thank Goodness, Kristin Chenoweth, Carole Shelly, Ensemble from Wicked
Driving: Healed, Nichole Nordeman
Flashback: Stormy Weather, Lena Horne
Getting Back Together: Real to Me, Nichole Nordeman
Wedding: Trust in Me, Mildred Bailey
Birth of Child: A Sentimental Man, Joel Grey (from Wicked) (Opening lyric: “I am a sentimental man, who always longed to be a father…” weird!!)
Final Battle: Gravity, Sara Bareilles
Death Scene: I Want You, Kelly Clarkson
Funeral Song: Reason to Live, ZOEgirl
Remembrance Song: (B Quiet Interlude), David Crowder Band
End Credits: Do Not Move, David Crowder Band
read it and weep… oh so classic.
plus i included links to all those kiwi artists no one knows.. sigh.
So, I definitely remember doing this, because my best friend from high school and I did it together, when she was visiting me at school on spring break, but I don’t remember tagging anyone to do it or anything, so when this post popped up in my RSS feed, I suddenly felt famous. So, yay to you doing it.
Also, I’m going to go ahead and say that I’m more than a little sad about ysmarko going offline. I’ve definitely gleaned some valuable knowledge from your blog over the past few years of reading it, but I definitely understand the need to put your family first. So, double yay to you for getting your priorities in order.
If your life was a movie, what would the soundtrack be?
1. Open your music library.
2. Put it on shuffle.
3. Press play.
4. For every question, type the song that’s playing.
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button.
6. Don’t lie and try to pretend you’re cool.
1. Opening Credits: Memory (Cats)
2. Waking Up: No Place Like London (Sweeny Todd)
3. Walking: Any Dream Will Do (Joseph and the Technicolored Dreamcoat
4. First Day at School/Work: Angel of Music intro (Phantom of the Opera)
5. Falling in Love: Old Deuteronomy (Cats)
6. Fight Song: I’ll Make a Man out of you (Mulan)
7. Breaking Up:Have a Little Priest (Sweeny Todd)
8. Prom: Grisabella the Glamor Cat (Cats)
9. Sex Scene: Ripped Pants (Spongebob) LOL I didn’t cheat I swear!!! No really!
10. Party Scene: Funky Town
11. Life is Good: Making Christmas (nightmare before Christmas)
12. Mental Breakdown: Jellicle Ball (Cats)
13. Driving: Move Along (All American Rejects)
14. Flashback: Gone (Kelly Clarkson)
15. Getting Back Together: Alice (Raven Symone)
16. Wedding: Finale (nightmare before Christmas)
17. Paying the Dues: Billie Jean (Micheal Jackson)
18. Night Before War: Where are you? (Kelly Clarkson)
19. Final Battle: The Shire (Lord of the Rings -the fellowship of the ring)
20. Moment of Triumph: Flight to the Ford (The Fellowship of the ring)
21. Death Scene: Close every Door (Joseph and the technicolored Dreamcoat)
22. Funeral Song: The Gumby Cat (Cats)
23. End Credits: Chilly Down (Labyrinth soundtrack)
24. Overall Theme: Boulivard of Broken Dreams (Greenday)
1. Opening Credits: Half of My Heart — John Mayer & Taylor Swift ~Totally appropiate
2. Waking Up: OMG — Usher & Will.I.Am ~Because I’m always ready to go to the club when I wake up.
3. Walking: In My Head — Jason DeRulo ~…
4. First Day at School/Work: Moonlight Sonata — Beethoven ~Oh yes. Thats how boring school is.
5. Falling in Love: You And I Both — Jason Mraz ~”Because You And I Both Loved” … This fits perfectly.
6. Fight Song: In For the Kill — La Roux ~Where did all my funny songs go?
7. Breaking Up: Blind — Lifehouse ~ … ^
8. Prom: Still Doll — Kanon Wakeshima ~Don’t get me wrong, I like this song. I can even play it on my violin, but I don’t think that they’d play this at a prom.
9. Sex Scene: Look At Us Now — Sarina Paris ~Oh I wish I had gotten Bloodhound Gang
10. Party Scene: According to You — Orianthi ~…?
11. Life is Good: Not Afraid — Eminem ~Here we go. Something good.
12. Mental Breakdown: Oh Oh Oh Sexy Vampire — Fright Ranger ~Yes. I will have a mental breakdown. There’s too much Twilight Saga going on right now.
13. Driving: Creep — Radio Head ~Great. Now I’m a stalker too.
14. Flashback: Your Call — Secondhand Serenade ~This is sang in… Present tense?
15. Getting Back Together: Charlie The Unicorn 1 — Charlie The Unicorn ~SHUN THE NON-BELIEVER! SHUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAH!!
16. Wedding: Chop Suey — System of a Down ~YES. This will be played at my wedding.
17. Paying the Dues: Мир — Слот ~*Translation: Day — Slot* Its Russian.
18. Night Before War: Change — Taylor Swift ~Isn’t this song, like, anti-war or something?
19. Final Battle: Airplanes — B.o.b. & Hayley Williams ~Lets pretend that the air planes that are trying to hit us with bombs are REALLY shooting stars.
20. Moment of Triumph: Beer Is Good — Psychostick ~Oh Yes. Definate triumph.
21. Death Scene: Breate — Taylor Swift ~…Wouldn’t this be more appropriate for #7?
22. Funeral Song: Complicated — Avril Lavigne ~Oh, yeah. Deffinatly.
23. End Credits: Chasing Cars — Snow Patrol ~Win.
24. Overall Theme: What Is Love? (Baby, Don’t Hurt Me) — Haddaway ~YES. EPIC WIN.