ypulse had a great summary the other day of some new research about teen preferences in a bunch of areas. i’ll break it into 5 posts. first up: TV
– TV consumption among teens is up slightly to an average of 11.9 hours a week
– Teen boys watch more television than teen girls averaging about an hour and a half more (13.2 hours a week)
– For tweens (8 to 11), the average amount of television consumed during a typical week is 12.2 hours with tween boys watching about 14.5 hours. (during the school year)
– Three of teen guys’ top five favorites are animated led by “Family Guy” followed by “The Simpsons” and “South Park”
– “The Office” moved up nine slots to the third most popular show among all teen males
– Biggest mover for teen girls: “ABC Family’s Greek,” which came in tied for eighth
– For tween viewers, “American Idol” is no longer number one. “Hannah Montana” is while Idol dropped about 15 points
– For tween girls, ABC’s Dancing With The Stars moved up four notches to land in the fifth spot.
– For tween boys (8 to 11), it’s all about “SpongeBob” and “Zack & Cody.” The biggest mover was the ABC comedy “The George Lopez Show,” which shot up 10 spots to secure the seventh spot
One thought on “new research about teen preferences, 1 of 5”
I enjoy reading your blog.
Keep up the great work.
It is definately one of my favs.
I hope you and your family have a blessed week.