jonathan mckee, the dude behind the helpful youth ministry site the source for youth ministry, produces a long podcast (45 mins – 1 hour) each month. the one that went live a week ago is an interview with me about reinventing your youth ministry (really, it’s about the stuff in youth ministry 3.0).
you can check out the podcast here.
according to jonathan’s site, the “highlights” of the podcast are:
* Find out which one of these three guys does NOT have a tattoo.
* Listen to Brandon verbalize how to get from “sizzle to fizzle.”
* Discover what affinity, autonomy, and identity have to do with youth ministry today.
* Hear some theories why so many of us feel like sometimes we “just aren’t making a difference.”
* Find out why “a sense of belonging” is important and how you can foster it in your group.
* Learn some of the pros and cons of having a middle school ministry that’s separate from a high school ministry.
one of the things jonathan does for these is ask his interviewee to prepare a list of 7 sins. like, for mine, he asked me to be ready with “the seven sins of reinventing your youth ministry.” so, that’s covered in the podcast, and i’ll post those sometime next week also.