i recently found a link to an article that i’d sent myself via email 6 months ago. yeah, i have some strange ways of keeping track of things. deal with it.
really insightful and challenging article in huffpo about the 18 things highly creative people do differently. i think i’m somewhat creative; and i do some of the things on this list pretty regularly. but i would be exponentially more creative if i leaned into these babies a bit more. click through to read the whole article (it’s really worth it, and an easy read); but here’s a list of the 18 habits:
- They daydream.
- They observe everything.
- They work the hours that work for them.
- They take time for solitude.
- They turn life’s obstacles around.
- They seek out new experiences.
- They “fail up.”
- They ask the big questions.
- They people-watch.
- They take risks.
- They view all of life as an opportunity for self-expression.
- They follow their true passions.
- They get out of their own heads.
- They lose track of the time.
- They surround themselves with beauty.
- They connect the dots.
- They constantly shake things up.
- They make time for mindfulness.
2 thoughts on “18 things highly creative people do differently”
What a great list, Marko! I really need to explore #13. No idea how to do that, but I know it would be beneficial.
Jason, a couple book recommendations:
– A Whack on the Side of the Head (and oldie, but goodie)
– A Whole New Mind (by Daniel Pink — amazing book)
– Orbiting the Giant Hairball