i’m a gift guy. no question: it’s my love language. and, boy-howdy, did i feel loved on my birthday this past week. the loveliness i received:
– a cool ipod back-up battery (my ipod regularly runs out of battery power on long flights)
– a $25 gift card to our local theater chain
– an intoxicating “gifted” album, via itunes (more on this later)
– a $30 gift cert for amazon. i ordered a book recommended by a friend (the yiddish policeman’s union), and a cd recommended by amazon based on my previous purchase of “th’ legendary shack shakers” (those poor bastards: hellfire hymns)
– a very fancy bottle of wine, along with a hideous “last supper” fake lace tablecloth
– a sweet university of michigan pull-over jacket
– a cool modern art painting by my daughter (including the shell of a flower she brought home from our trip to new zealand), and a beautifully performed viola solo of edelweiss (the lullaby i sang to her every night for the first 5 years of her life)
– a new shower squeegie (yes, i’m a bit obsessive about wiping down the shower so the glass isn’t all spotty, and the old one broke)
– a rocky patel olde world reserve cigar (a very nice stick)
– and, the coup de gras, a sweet portable gps system, which will be so stinkin’ wonderful to have on my trips.
my wonderful family also lead me on a friday night and all day saturday scavenger hunt, which included fun food stops, and two movies (i love movies: we saw pirates 3 and shrek 3). good friends took us out for dinner last night to an amazing little italian joint.
no, seriously, for 44, i scored. i’m truly feelin’ the love.
5 thoughts on “birthday swag”
so are you going to do some geocaching with your gps?
Sorry about the Michigan Pull over. Otherwise a great haul, would you llke me to send you and OSU pull over?
I was all excited for you until you had to mention that state just north of the great state of Ohio.
Thou shalt not covet. Thou shalt not covet. Thou shalt not covet. You’re making me stumble. Much jealousy and much love!
Happy Birthday! I meant to send you some origami. Your friend Kurt said you would like it. Is it too late?