the newest issue of The Wittenburg Door has a great sidebar called “books that didn’t quite make the 2004 best-seller list”. some highlights:
– The Da Vinci Crossword, by Dan Brown
– Chicken Soup for the Vegan Soul, edited by Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hanson
– The SUV-Driven Life, by Rick Warren
– The Gospel According to Sex in the City, by Chris Seay (this one cracked me up!)
– The Prayer of Jabez: Sudanese Language Edition
– The Five People You Meet in Hell, by Jack Chick
– An Unfortunate Series of Poorly Written Books #1: The Deadly Dull Dispensationalist, by Lemony Lahaye and Junky Jenkins
a few more to add, of my own design:
– Actually Thinking About Youth Ministry (see, i’m afraid this wouldn’t be a bestseller)
– The 101 Best Youth Ministry Game-Variations of the Egg-in-Armpit Relay
– Stop Calling Us Emergent!, by Doug Pagitt
– 101 New Names You Might Consider Calling Us Other Than Emergent, a companion book, by Doug Pagitt, Tony Jones, Brian McLaren and a token female author
– The REAL Reason YS Won’t Be Hosting the Emergent Convention After This Year: the unauthorized biography of mark oestreicher
wanna add any to the list??
9 thoughts on “books that didn’t make the 2004 bestseller list”
A Concise Systematic Theology of Paul’s Letters, by Brian McLaren
6 Easy Steps to Effective Mission! (now with pull-out diagrahms!) by Andrew Jones
Blogging toward Community by D.A. Carson
The Triumph of Post-Moderism: a rational defense of irrationality by William Lane Craig and J. P. Moreland
The Virtues of Texas Hold-em’ by William Bennett
It is funny you mention the egg and armpit game. We did that last night! Funny stuff. thanks!
“Conversing with the Evangelical Movement” by B.A. Carson
“Sleeping Re-imagined: The Role of Sleep During Today’s Sermons” by Doug Pagitt
“Help! I’m a friend of Emergent” by Marko
“Coffee, Candles and Cool: Three Steps To Becoming An ‘Emergent’ Church” by Dan Kimball
you are a funny guy, chad!
Humor is so healthy … these titles made me laugh. Especially before a serious sermon tomorrow.
How to Engage in Difficult Dialogue and Still Love Each Other by Tony Jones and Phil Chalmers
Help! I’m Parent of Student who wants to be a Youth Worker!
PostModern Singles Ministry in the Internet Age by Neil Clark Warren
Pipe Smoking as a Spiritual Discipline by Mike King
The Five People You Meet In Hell by the venerable Jack T. Chick. As you would aptly say, “HA!”
> The Five People You Meet in Hell, by Jack Chick
(I read it for the pictures….)