here we go:
1. i resolve to replace the roll of toilet paper when it runs out (caveat: this resolution only applies if i am the person upon whom the roll runs out).
2. i resolve to read books.
3. i resolve to play angry birds, words with friends, and a few other games on my iphone and ipad (particularly, i might add, just prior to resolution #1).
4. i resolve to take out the paper and the trash, so i can get some spending cash.
5. i resolve to continue the affection stand-off between myself and our family cockatiel, sammy, whom i visually enjoy, but who bites me whenever i attempt to get near him.
6. i resolve to publish this blog post.
7. i resolve to drink dangerously large quantities of coffee, but rarely after 2pm, because i’m getting old, and it keeps me awake if i have it too late in the day.
8. i resolve to start something new.
9. i resolve to give something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue.
10. i resolve to make a resolution.
11. i resolve to bring home the bacon, and, occasionally, to fry it up in a pan. but there is a reasonable likelihood that i will not succeed at not letting you forget that you’re a man.
12. i resolve to get on a plane.
13. i resolve to not be afraid of the number thirteen.
14. i resolve to dangle, like a spider on a thread, over the fires of hell.
15. i resolve to listen to this flamenco song my itunes dj is playing right now, and not hit the forward button that move on to the next song, a classic by ‘the alarm’.
16. i resolve to clean up my desk before my construction friend comes in a couple weeks to build me a new desk. or, at least, i resolve to move my piles to the new desk.
17. i resolve to annoy people with my all-lower-case blog typing.
18. i resolve to be too playful, and too serious, and too resolved, and too opinionated, and too pendulum-y, and too prone to hyperbole.
19. i resolve to stub my toe. (i know it will happen, so i might as well get the satisfaction of saying, when it happens, “there! i have now accomplished that resolution!”)
20. i resolve to be present. really. maybe this is the only completely real one on this list. i am so future-oriented in my thinking and dreaming and attention. but i want to be present to every moment of my life.